What I meant was change to the directory where HVI_2017.jpg was and then do
gimp HVI_2017.jpg to see if it would open the file without a path in front
of it, or refuse to open the file with the same error.  I'm just trying to
figure out if the path is causing the problem, of if MacOS has a problem
passing arguments to a program on the command line.

The Nik_Collection scripts are written for the plugin manager interface
which is the next project after the script manager, so you can't drop those
in and get them to run.  Yet. :-)

There is also a way to get GIMP to use the Nik Collection using the
shellout.py plugin.

Bill