Darktable 2.0.x is API 3.0.0
Darktable 2.2.x is API 4.0.0
The development version, Darktable 2.3.x (from git) is API 5.0.0

https://github.com/darktable-org/lua-scripts is currently at API 4.0.0.

For Johan,

Updating to the current version of scripts will fix the API mismatch
problem.  It will also get you the latest versions of all the scripts with
bug fixes and enhancements.

For Christian,

If a script fails the API version check, it stops that script.

For J. Albrecht,

Did you get GIMP to run by directly invoking it?  As I recall your version
of GIMP won't execute on your version of OSX.  You were able to invoke the
"Edit with GIMP" exporter, exporting the file, then importing the unedited
file after GIMP failed to run.  I should catch the fact that GIMP failed to
execute and provide an error message and silently dispose of the exported
file.  Added to my TODO list.  Until you are able to resolve the problem
with GIMP executing on OSX, Edit with GIMP will not work.

Regards,

Bill