> Guillermo Rozas:
>
>   * any supported GPU will give massive performance improvement.
>     [contradicts Christian Kanzian above]

I should have qualified that with 'any supported GPU "that you can buy
new today"'. I was also assuming that all modules run without problems
on it.

>   * get as much memory as possible [contradicts following point]
>
>   * DT cannot use buffers larger than 1.5GB [contradicts previous point]

It's not necessarily a contradiction. Usually the higher the total
memory, the higher is the maximum size of the buffer that can be
allocated in one go. Not a big sample, but from the benchmarks sent up
to now we have (GPU, total, max buffer):

- NVidia 960M, 4GB, 1GB (benchmark attached)
- NVidia NVS310, 1GB, 250MB
- AMD 480, 8GB, 4GB
- AMD RX480, 620MB, 150MB

The limitation is given by the GPU/driver combination, not by DT (as
johannes pointed up, DT will use as much as it can address). Also, you
have to take into account that you can allocate more than one buffer
at a time, either on the same or different programs, to run things in
parallel (I don't know if DT in particular takes advantage of this).

Best regards,
Guillermo