Why don't you use fixed name from the start, maybe similar what David
suggested (I used the same) and add suffix for your export. If original
would be  something like 2017-12-23_12345.jpg your export could be
2017-12-23_12345_client1.jpg

I know what would you, but across different cameras it is difficult to keep
same. I used shutter count for Nikon and now in FujiFilm I use imagecount.
They all as tags n raw files with original date and time. In such a way you
can always generate the original name from raw, but unsure if you can keep
it if you export jpg, that is why is good to keep the first part of the
file name same for all export created from the same raw file.

This is at least the approach I am doing, serves me well.

---
Richard Vanek
portfolio: www.richard-vanek.eu
twitter: http://twitter.com/richo_67