Excellent. I did install the profile via the openSUSE system setting screen. So that should take care of it. (darktable-cmstest also reports the new profile. So I think this confirms it).

That leaves me with two follow up questions:
1. I can forget about the instructions for copying the profile to ~/.config/darktable/color/out ? 2. Is there an easy way to see the factual difference between how a photo looks now compared to what it was before?

Thanks again!
Koos