On lundi 22 mai 2017 20:21:06 CEST Journeyman wrote:
> On 22/05/2017 01:18, Guillermo Rozas wrote:
> > Darktable has a definite order in which modules are
> > applied and by default each module is applied only once. When you
> > apply a style that contains modules that already are in the history
> > stack you're not applying the module twice, you're just replacing the
> > original instance of the module by the new one in the style (possibly
> > with different options).
>
> I cannot truly confirm this. This is what I tried:
> - create my style including: base curve, orientation, lens correction
> - open a ARW file in Darktable
> - apply my style
> - resulting history stack has duplicates

Did you try clicking on "compress history stack"?
Whenever I had a situation with several apparently duplicate entries,
one click removed them.

History stack is just that: a history of what you did. Useful if you want to
in which the modules are /applied/ (as opposed to the order in which they were
activated/selected), look under the tab marked with the 'power' symbol (circle
with vert. half bar).

And, this stuff is straight from the manual and the FAQ. Rather useful
resources to understand the program and remove a lot of guesswork...

Remco