Von: Journeyman [mailto:j...@storiepvtride.it]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Juni 2017 23:21
An: darktable-user@lists.darktable.org
Betreff: Re: [darktable-user] Which config for Darktable

On 22/06/2017 22:26, Germano Massullo wrote:
> Forget using OpenCL without proprietary drivers, but there is a way to
> use them without having to install it permanently: if you use a Radeon
> RX card you can simply unpack the proprietary OpenCL driver somewhere
> and let darktable use it.
> Concerning hardware, I suggest you to buy a Ryzen CPU and a RX Radeon
> graphic card

I can confirm that Darktable should take great advantage of multicore CPU and
lots of RAM. Just an example, see what happens on my PC when I browse a
collection of RAW files in darkroom: lots of threads and CPU core being used:
https://imgur.com/a/cSNac

Currently I own an aging 4-core AMD so I'm thrilled about the new Ryzen CPUs,
too.

Unfortunately I have a Radeon HD 5870 which is not supported by the radeon
driver xf86-video-ati 7.9.0 (ubuntu 17.04)

$ darktable -d opencl
[opencl_init] opencl related configuration options:
[opencl_init]
[opencl_init] opencl: 1
[opencl_init] opencl_library: ''
[opencl_init] opencl_memory_requirement: 768 [opencl_init]
opencl_memory_headroom: 300 [opencl_init] opencl_device_priority: '*/!0,*/*/*'
[opencl_init] opencl_size_roundup: 16
[opencl_init] opencl_async_pixelpipe: 0
[opencl_init] opencl_synch_cache: 0
[opencl_init] opencl_number_event_handles: 25 [opencl_init] opencl_micro_nap:
1000 [opencl_init] opencl_use_pinned_memory: 0 [opencl_init]
opencl_use_cpu_devices: 0 [opencl_init] opencl_avoid_atomics: 0 [opencl_init]
opencl_enable_markesteijn: 1 [opencl_init] [opencl_init] could not find opencl
runtime library 'libOpenCL'
[opencl_init] could not find opencl runtime library 'libOpenCL.so'
[opencl_init] found opencl runtime library 'libOpenCL.so.1'
[opencl_init] opencl library 'libOpenCL.so.1' found on your system and loaded
[opencl_init] could not get platforms: -1001 [opencl_init] FINALLY: opencl is
NOT AVAILABLE on this system.
[opencl_init] initial status of opencl enabled flag is OFF.