Brand new to linux, and looking to add darktable.  I am currently using Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon with the 64 bit os.  It has gimp, but another lightroom replacement that is not non destructive.  With my limited experience with linux, it might actually be easier to change the distribution.  The ideal distro would have Gimp, Darktable, some form of monitor calibration software, and some scanning software.

Assuming that isn't available, I don't see the code necessary to type in the box for Linux Mint.  It may be there, but its highly possible I don't know that mint is a form of something else and to type that code.  Thank you for your patience for someone so new, and I appreciate the help.

Mark