Am 29.01.2018 um 10:44 schrieb ternaryd:
Hi,
Hi,

I'm trying to adjust a larger set of images
which have a rather high dynamic. Trying to
avoid HDR, I've used the exposure module to
move EV and black such that there is no more
over/under exposure, but midtones get very
dark. The idea was to use a parametric mask,
protecting the bright parts of the image and
raise EV of the rest an a second instance.

The problem is that often the range of high
luminosity is very narrow, sometimes even less
than 1 unit. As right-click doesn't open the
normal darktable interface for adjustments, I
find it extremely difficult to adjust the
markers of the sliders at this position.
Sometimes it slips down to zero, overlapping
both markers.
Did you try to use the keyboard?
  Additionally, for having those
markers that tight, it is often impossible to
establish a feathering zone, leading to very
visible artifacts for instance at the border
between an out-of-focus roof and the sky.

Is that really that hard or am I doing it
wrong? Is there another method (besides HDR) to
adjust such images?
Do you know the fusion option in basecurve?

Thanks,

Cris