Peter,

> This used to work at one point. If I open earlier images, the same
> edits appear on both systems. I'm wondering if this is caused by
> having different versions of darktable on each machine? (It doesn't
> look as if 2.4.1 is available in a Windows version right now.)

2.4.1 is available on Windows. But I don't think this is the issue. It
should be possible to use 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 together as the later is only
a corrective release fully compatible with 2.4.0.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B