* Peter Cripps <pe...@petercripps.com> [02-25-18 13:43]:
> I have darktable installed on two machines: 2.4.0rc0 on Windows, and 2.4.1
> on Linux. If I make edits on the Windows machine, close darktable, and then
> open on Linux, the edits don't carry over. Same in the reverse direction,
> Linux to Windows.
>
> This used to work at one point. If I open earlier images, the same edits
> appear on both systems. I'm wondering if this is caused by having different
> versions of darktable on each machine? (It doesn't look as if 2.4.1 is
> available in a Windows version right now.)

you have two different databases.  you must import the images into the
*2nd* system in order for the edits to be read into the db.  If you have
already imported them in the 2nd system, then you need to set your system
to check for new xmp (sidecar) files.  see preferences -> core options ->
"look for updated mp files on startup".

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode