* Anders Lund <and...@alweb.dk> [03-14-18 15:23]:
> onsdag den 14. marts 2018 15.37.49 CET skrev Patrick Shanahan:
> > * Anders Lund <and...@alweb.dk> [03-14-18 10:31]:

> > did you try:  darktable --cachedir /dev/null --configdir /dev/null --library
> > :memory:
>
> I can try that, although as said I am not sure how to reproduce the problem,
> it comes and goes.

warning, --library :memory: does not save you image setting to the
database and does not alter your database.  it does save the image changes
into the <image>.xmp files and you can get the changes into your database
by importing the images w/o the above commandline parameters.

if you use the above commandline for a while and don't have the problem,
you have narrowed the scope of the problem.  to affect a
solution/resolution, it is necessary to change your workflow to try to
determine where/what the problem is, as no-one has acknowledged that they
have this problem.

if you don't want to try different things, we are wasting time trying to
help you.

> I haven't studied dt's use of config files in detail. But I am sure it saves
> configuration, since it normally remembers all my settings, presets, history
> and window state just fine - something that I really appreciates :)

> > > It is exactly the same as the one I had. Plain archlinux.
> >
> > either you don't understand the question or I fail to understand the
> > answer.
> >
> > which "config file" did you move and what do you mean "between systems"?
> > the answer you give does not help with either.
>
> I had a HP Elitebook 2560p, which had an error, so I sent it in for repair.
> They gave me another one (same model), so I installed archlinux on it, and
> restored my homedir from a backup. In general, all my software works as
> before, including dt, which remembers my collection history, presets etc.

I didn't know what you referred when you said system, you didn't tell
those facts, and my crystal ball is in repair.

> My DE is Plasma, but why/how would that affect dt, and why would it'saffect
> suddenly change? I have run dt for years.
>
> I do not think the problem comes from the system change.

we will not determine that w/o trying different environments.

YOU must make the effort as apparently only YOU have the problem.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode