On Mon, May 7, 2018, at 14:12, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> yes, afaik dt uses the systems disk access.  I believe dt uses gphoto2 to
> access the camera and the camera contained card(s).

I'm just curious: is this still needed for file access on anything but very old
cameras? I've always used Olympus cameras that supported USB storage from the
early days, so I never developed the habit of using any special software for
this... and haven't really kept track of how the situation has evolved over the
years.

I understand that the library is still needed for things like tethering, etc.

--
jys