On mardi 8 mai 2018 07:35:50 CEST Michael Below wrote:
(...)
> Top posting vs. inline is a matter of internet tradition (Usenet) vs
> newfangled AOL users/Outlook etc., see
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting
>
> I learned some time back in Usenet newsgroups that it's rude not to trim
> down your replies to the relevant parts, and to reply inline so people
> could follow the debate more easily. OTOH, using mobile devices or mail
> clients like outlook that is not so easy, and the 90ies are over...

You can of course post any way you want. But I suppose you want to get a
decent reply? Then it is in your interest to make your posts easy to read
*and* easy to understand.

For me that means short with no irrelevant quotes, and preferably with your
part after the quotes (as I read from the top to the bottom). Hundreds of
lines of quoted text to be read bottom up do not tempt me to make an effort to
figure out what's going on.