* Jean-Luc CECCOLI <jean-luc.cecc...@wanadoo.fr> [07-15-18 12:21]:
> Couldn't find anything abnoprmal among lensfun files.
>
> All the photos are correctly displayed by other photo software (Shotwell,
> XnView, etc.)
>
> And the same pictures display correctly on another comuter running Ubuntu
> 14.04 and DT 2.0.7, lensfun data seem the same on both computers.
>
> I don't know what more to search for...
>

> > Message du 13/07/18 18:09
> > De : "Jean-Luc CECCOLI"
> > A : "Darktable Users List"
> > Copie à :
> > Objet : re: [darktable-user] Skulls - yes, once more !
> >

> > I thought I had found... but, no, the case submitted by Jean-Paul
> > (https://webmail1d.orange.fr/webmail/fr_FR/read.html?ORIGIN=SEARCH&FOLDER=UF_DarkTable&IDMSG=511&check=&SORTBY=1)
> >  is different from mine. Sigh !
>

> > Message du 13/07/18 17:58
> > De : "Jean-Luc CECCOLI"
> > A : "Darktable Users List"
> > Copie à :
> > Objet : [darktable-user] Skulls - yes, once more !
> >

> > > Hello,
>
> > > I was sure the subject had been discussed yet and the case solved, but I
> > > can't get ahold of the topic.
>
> > > I own a Nikon 1 V1 which I shot very few pictures with - say, ~100.
>
> > > I never noticed anything so far, but today, trying to process pictures
> > > that were shot yesterday, some of them display a skull and complain not
> > > being able to retrieve the camera's WB.
>
> > > For those that are correctly processed, the above fields are displayed :
>
> modèle (french for brand) : 1 V1
>
> fabricant (french for maker) : Nikkon
>
> > > And those that display the skull say :
>
> modèle : NIKON 1 V1
>
> fabricant : NIKON CORPORATION
>
> > > Both the body and the lens are correctly displayded within the lens
> > > correction module, which applies both distorsion and chroma corrections.
>
> > > As I wrote before, I am quite sure the solution was given in earlier
> > > posts, but I couldn't find them so far.
>
> > > Any idea ?
>
> > > Rgrds,
>
> > > J.-Luc

remove the group of photos and reinport them.  do not remove the xmp
files.

if that doesn't help, you may have a problem with the database which you
can check with
  sqlite3 ~/.config/darktable/library.db "PRAGMA integrity_check"

if you find a problem,
    sqlite3 ~/.config/darktable/library.db "VACUUM"
make a backup copy of your library.db first, just in case.

ps: may help or not, no expert here :)

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode