Personally, I'm OK with converted CR2 → DNG, it works fine from my
experience. But I have problems with NEF → DNG, there is some problem with
maker notes interpretation in exiv2 (used by dt) which leads to problems in
lens detection (hence no automatic lens correction). I know that some
developers
 strongly oblige against conversion, but I find it useful on big
collections — 15-20% size reduction does matter for me.

Timur.