* dt-l...@stefan-klinger.de <dt-l...@stefan-klinger.de> [09-24-18 06:00]:
> Hmmm, Patrick, does your comment answer my question?  Or did it relate
> to something else?  I'm not sure:
>
> Patrick Shanahan (2018-Sep-23, excerpt):

> > no, you must import styles.  but once you import them they are available
> > for use until you delete them.
>
> Let me state my question again:
>
> The style information must be somewhere, but I'm sure I have not yet
> deleted it with above recipe.  Or does this trigger deletion due to DB
> constraints?  Or do I need to explicitly delete something else?

you must import the styles before they become available in dt.  then the
styles and their information is retained in ~/.control/darktable/data.db.
removing the style data using sqlite or sqlite browser from data.db
negates the previous import action and the styles will no longer be
available in dt.  has nothing to do with the directory where you store
those styles.

and you will have "explicitly" deleted something, the data-base
information.

does that explanation work?

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode