August Schwerdfeger <aug...@schwerdfeger.name> wrote:
> Can anybody recommend any good batch-renaming packages? I am
> specifically looking to replace a homebrew Python script that uses
> exposure-compensation metadata to identify sets of photos taken using
> autobracketing (preferably with something I can invoke from within
> Darktable).

the best such tool I know is exiftool:
https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

scroll down to `Renaming and/or Moving Files' section to have an idea of
how it can work for you.

P.S.
when I faced same need (now exiftool has much more option) I with my
friend had written renrot (wrapper for exiftool):
https://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/projects/renrot/

still works o_O

--
Zeus V. Panchenko                               jid:z...@im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC                                       GMT+2 (EET)