hi christian,

great to hear! thanks to ulrich for fixing this. i think this
classifies as a bugfix that would totally go into a minor revision,
it's not very intrusive for the other code paths.

as to your question: we don't do any gamut mapping in the internal
colour management code path. in fact we just keep the values outside
[0,1] as they are and only in the very last step they might be clamped
depending on the output format. if you exported a 16-bit tiff that
would be the time (not sure about floating point tiffs, i think
floating point pfm might keep everything unclamped). certainly no
perceptual rendering intent-like stretching of colours takes place.

cheers,
 jo