Hi All,

Recently I took some pictures on a higher altitude - Untersbergbahn GmbH. What I noticed is that they have quite a strong blue hue to them. This however is only for the landscape pictures (mountains / valleys) that I took. The pictures I took of people (few meters away) are just fine. I did take gray card white balance and  the one facing the sun measures at temperature 6498 while the other (slightly tilted to be shaded) measures at 8984. I was unable to produce a pleasing result with either - even with standard cloud / daylight settings in DT.

I used Canon 70D with 50mm 1.4 lens with polarizing filter. However - I did not see much difference to the pictures taken on 18-135mm lens.

DT is 2.6.2 on ubuntu 16.04

The link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sf7znezb45ghnr2/AADCPgrFycbSPlxaFOfSNWiHa?dl=0

contains two .jpg, CR2 and the 2 .xmp - quite unsuccessful attempt from my side to develop the images.

All that I searched on the web points to physical challenges with high altitude photography but I was unable to find anything specific when it comes to developing such or if I needed special equipment (like specific filter) to take such pictures.

Would you be able to have a look please and let me know what I am missing? My attempt to develop the picture fails miserably comparing to the stunning view from the mountain. The weather was a bit hazy and I did not have a haze filter but I can't think of anything else. The histograms fitted nicely. Is it simply some particular way to develop such images that I am not aware of?

I would appreciate it if you can please point me in the right direction....

Thank you,