have you looked in an xmp file for the date?

I may be missing something here but what I did - I imported few images then applied time offset +9h in my case. This did change the image information pane to show the correct time since I offset it. However - when I exported the images with copy - creating the name based on the EXIF - it does place correct time within the file name as I offset it but the new image has still the original time - before the offset was applied. I checked after that the XMP and I cannot locate entry about time modification / offset etc. So... either I don't know what to look for or the entry is simply not there. To me this is a metadata editing...

What I tried - I offset the time - xmp is produced. Time is correct. Removed the images then re imported them (the xmp is present no change to it). Time offset is gone. Looks like this is likely preserved only on DB level.

iianm, an "undo" function currently exists.

How do you trigger it in lightroom? Is it in DT 2.6.2? I can see very old FR https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/8498 and it is still open. Also this one https://darktable.gitlab.io/doc/en/metadata_editor.html#metadata_editor and this one https://darktable.gitlab.io/doc/en/tagging.html are not saying anything about undo / redo.