* Marco DE BOOIJ <marco.maill...@debooy.eu> [08-07-19 15:22]:
> Thanks guys for your remarks.
>
> I cannot get the window to add the size(s) like Patrick. I tried his
> proposal to enter the sizes in the config file. Darktable reduces my
> 1734x1734 into aspect ratio 1 (square). To bypass the 'wrong' export size I
> also crop my pictures 1 or 2px bigger.
>
> About the solution from Willy. I know this but I do not want to scale my
> pictures. I opted to crop them slightly bigger.
>
> Marco
>
> Op 07-08-19 om 13:59 schreef Willy Williams:
> >
> > You might want to look in the Export selected module (2.3.12, p. 36 in
> > the Fine Manual).  You can set the max size easily and darktable will
> > scale the image down appropriately.
> >
> > Willy
> >
> > --
> >
> >   "There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes."
> >
> >   - Abraham Lincoln
> >
> > --
> > On 8/7/19 7:30 AM, Jochen Keil wrote:
> > > Hi Patrick,
> > >
> > > On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 5:14 AM Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org
> > > <mailto:p...@opensuse.org>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     * Marco DE BOOIJ <marco.maill...@debooy.eu
> > >     <mailto:marco.maill...@debooy.eu>> [08-06-19 17:16]:
> > >     > I need my pictures in an square format of 1734x1734 pixels. I
> > >     use the crop
> > >     > module for this. My problem is 2 fold. First of all it is not
> > >     easy to drag
> > >     > it to the exact dimension. The second problem is that if I
> > >     export it to a 16
> > >     > bit TIFF image the size is often 1 bit smaller. Is there a way
> > >     to enter the
> > >     > exact size? It is possible in other modules to enter an exact
> > >     value.
> > >

> > > I've had a similar problem before and solved it by exporting the
> > > picture slightly larger (1 or 2px) and then cropping it with
> > > ImageMagick (convert -crop or -geom or so..).
> > >
> > >     >
> > >     > I know that I can enter sizes when I export but this will
> > >     change the image
> > >     > even if it is just a little bit (shrink, expand).
> > >

> > >     iirc:
> > >     <right><click> in the crop module and type your parameters
> > >

> > > whereever I click on the crop module, I either get the drop down
> > > menu for the various options or the slider for the rotation angle.
> > >
> > >     and I believe it is in the fine manual
> > >

> > > It's not from what I can see:
> > >
> > > https://www.darktable.org/usermanual/en/modules.html
> > >
> > > But you can define your own aspect ratios in the config fwiw.
> > >
> > > Cheers!
> > >

> > >     --     (paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA
> > > @ptilopteri
> > >     http://en.opensuse.org   openSUSE Community Member
> > >     facebook/ptilopteri
> > >     Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo              paka @ IRCnet
> > >     freenode

fwiw, I cannot either.  I believe the <right><click> is only for angular
positioning.  but it is possible to crop one image, go to lighttable, copy
crop portion of history stack and paste it to other images.  then edit the
other images to reposition the crop to desired location and you will have
the same crop parameters.  one could craft a style of only crop at
particular parameters and use that to make a group of photos have
"exactly" the same crop.

just successfully test the copy, paste.  did not bother to make a style.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode