Thank you, I'll try exporting in png file and post my findings. Right now jpeg export settings are at the default level.

Regards,

Niranjan
On 11/13/19 10:24 PM, KOVÁCS István wrote:

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, 17:23 Niranjan Rao, <nhr...@gmail.com <mailto:nhr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Darktable version: 2.6.2 on Ubuntu 18.04

    I am seeing patterns in the sky

To me, it looks like Jpeg compression artifact. It's a high-res photo, yet only about 200 kB. Have you tried exporting into png or tiff to see what the image actually looks like before compression? If you are no artifacts in lossless files, try exporting at a higher Jpeg quality setting, and, if you really need small files, use a lower resolution instead of increasing compression (lowering quality).

Kofa