Ubuntu based distros do not install the lensfun utilities by default.
Liblensfun-bin is required for the latest updates. Arch based distros
install the full lensfun package so the update command is all that is
needed. I would contact whomever maintains lensfun for Ubuntu and request
the utilities be installed as a dependency.