Hi,
there is no way to rename folders or film rolls within darktable, they
map exactly what the folder is named on the system.
You have at least two options:
- in GUI options -> miscellaneous, change the "number of folder levels
to show in lists" to something that gives you unique names when using
the "film rolls" filter. I use 2, so I can have subfolders with the
same name inside an uniquely named parent
- instead of using the "film rolls" filter, use the "folders" filter
(although any level will also show the pictures inside the sublevels,
so it can be a problem for nested structures)
I find the first option better, unless you have very long folder names.
Regards,
Guillermo