* Nick Rahl <nr...@aquagear.com> [12-01-20 11:58]:
> I can open and edit Z6 NEF files just fine with this version, but the Z6_2
> files are the ones that won't edit. (I can still import them and see the
> previews in lighttable, but I also shoot sidecar jpeg, so maybe the
> lighttable previews come from the jpegs.).
>
> So something might have changed in the formatting from Z6 (working) to Z6_2
> (non-working). Has anyone confirmed that the newest version of DT edits
> Z6_2? Do the developers need sample NEF's? And if it's confirmed working on
> a newer version, what's the minimum DT version number with Z6_2 support?
>
> Can I attach a NEF file to the list?
>
> On 12/1/20 7:38 AM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Nick Rahl <nr...@aquagear.com> [11-30-20 23:17]:
> > > I did a bit of testing, and it may be an issue related to the Nikon Z6 mk
> > > ii. All the photos that won't edit were shot on that camera which is very
> > > new. Is this a known issue?

> > after posting a problem on a mailing list, discussion should continue on
> > that list so other interested parties have access to the possible solution
> > and may add more information.
> >
> > it is very possible that compatibility for the z6 was not added the the
> > darktable version you use, you failed to mention that or that you were
> > using a z6.  afaik, master version supports the z6 and possibly the z6II
> > or whatever name they have given it.
> >
> > please post this and further discussion the the list.  I will answer
> > there.

no, don't attach a raw to an email and spam everybody on the list.  post
to a file sharing service or your web server or ...

but in this case I just looked at the supported camera list on
darktable.org and only the "Z 6" is listed.  so it appears that the
"Z6_2" has not yet been added.  I believe I saw that someone had uploaded
sample images to https://raw.pixls.us/ but not sure.  you might check
there and if they need samples, follow the directions and provide the
needed samples.  response in providing updated support has been quite
good.

good luck
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode