Currently I am scanning many hundreds, soon to be thousands of images and
films. DT can do a great with most of the processing but auto levels in
GIMP tends to work better at correcting the final colors than the RGB
levels module in DT. Also with GIMP once the auto level is applied you have
the option to fine tune the result as a curve before applying the
destructive change. The levels feature in GIMP leaves Photoshop for dead
because of this ability.

I should also point out that in the previous version of DT when I used
Filmic V3 I was nearly always disappointed with the saturation of colors
because of how the tool was designed to subdue saturation at extreme
values. Now with V4 I have better control over the saturation across the
whole range of values and get really pleasing results very quickly most of
the time. I would suggest to anyone who was disappointed with earlier
versions of Filmic that they try V4 with fresh eyes. Filmic takes me back
to the days of film when I used different film stock for different subjects
and lighting scenarios. Sometimes I want soft film for portraits and other
times vibrant film to bring out the colors and contrast.