* Willy Williams <grayc...@bolthole.net> [12-30-21 08:08]:
> I, too, find the separation of crop, rotate and perspective rather difficult
> to justify.  From my perspective of doing architectural and real estate
> photography, I'd prefer to have them all in a single module, not separated
> by retouch and exposure in the v3.0 RAW module order.
>
> Willy Williams

> On 12/30/2021 at 07:36, Archie Macintosh wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:26, Andrew Greig <and...@algphoto.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >     I gave this a red hot go out of respect for the developers, but I
> >     miss having Crop and rotate in the one module because I have to
> >     perform those two operations in almost every shot...
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I have to agree with Andrew: crop and rotate are operations I routinely
> > use together – I almost never bother with perspective – so I, too, would
> > prefer them to be together in a single module. (I can, of course, see
> > that this preference is related to the kind of photography I do, and may
> > not suit everyone.)
> >
> > (And this observation does not detract from my immense respect for, and
> > gratitude to, the developers, for all their amazing work.)

assigning the operations to shortcut keys will limit the impact.  I
correctly rotate an image before cropping and use a shortcut to rotate .5°
at a time.  initiating rotate&perspective also provides from dragging the
left mouse button to quickly correct the rotation.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                   paka @ IRCnet oftc
What sort of day was it?                  A day like all days, filled with
those events that alter and illuminate our times...