Well, I don't like 3,8 because it is too resource intensive. But I had
already updated so I was stuck. I cried, I begged, I prayed but nothing
changed. So a few weeks later I was happily upgrading my computer and
watching Bones on it. Well, it started stuttering and I forgot I was
upgrading it. I then shut it down and it wouldn't restart. Again I begged
and cried and prayed. So I reinstalled and when I got around to installing
darktable discovered it installed the stable version (3.0.1). How do I
install the version prior to 3.8 and how do I make it so it will not
upgrade? (GOD answered my prayer)

--