Remco Viëtor schrieb am 22.01.22 um 07:49:
On samedi 22 janvier 2022 07:28:57 CET Top Rock Photography wrote:
IF one's card is 32GB or less, it will not store time zone data, and that
may cause problems. If one does not have local time being kept correctly
by the OS, that may cause problems. If one's camera does not save local
time correctly, that may cause problems.
Two different things going on here:
We have the file timestamps as handled by the different OSs. Those can change
for different reasons, mostly access and file modification (but there's the
"touch" command).

We also have metadata timestamps, generated by the camera. Most of these
shouldn't change. And afaik, Exif metadata couldn't store timezone as a
standard tag before 2016 (makernote is a different issue.
I have a file from my D700 at the time and EXIF says
Date/Time Original      2010:09:20 09:04:24

Then I look at a file of my D850 EXIF data - this one says
Date/Time Original      2022:01:19 10:45:06
and for the D850 there is an entry:
Offset Time Original      +00:00
but this one isn't available in my D700 from 2010.
It still offers a menu option for time zone - as you said, this is *only* found
in the maker notes:
Time Zone      +01:00

So yes, different cameras from different "ages" have different capabilities ...

--

regards
Bernhard

https://www.bilddateien.de