I have more information. I have started reworking my images, so I decided to start small and I restored the first few images to their previous finished state, and then applied a watermark using the "selective copy" and "selective paste" on one of them, BAM on selective paste the image was returned to its imported state. I can apply the watermark one at a time, successfully. So, for this weekend I will apply the watermark to all of the remaining "untouched" images before I work on them. But now a new problem with Export has arisen, the Framing module when used alone to frame one image at a time, works fine. But use "selective copy" and "selective paste" the problem of blitzing the history stack is also demonstrated.

When I have finished with the watermarked proofs export, I need to run another Export of files suitable for Instagram Watermarked and Framed, so it looks like a long weekend.