Hi,

I am working on a project to take pictures of a landscape from a fixed point for several years. I am using a Nikon D40 with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II and a single board computer (running debian linux) for this purpose. Every day several photos are taken (gphoto) and immediately transferred (rsync) to another server.

There the photos (format nef) are converted with darktable to jpg format. From there they go to a web server and made into a video with ffmpeg. That's the basic idea.

I have come a long way. A lot of it now works well. Also the conversion using darktable from nef to jpg. What I am unsure about - or rather would like feedback on - is how darktable does it. Right now I am using :

darktable-cli xxx.nef yyy.xmp xxx.jpg

The yyy.xmp file have been created by developing one photo in darktable (gui version of course) and saving the settings in yyy.xmp . However, there are so many possibilities and conditions (night, fog, rain, snow, sun to name a few) that I wonder if this is the right way.

Is there anyone who has experience with something similar and/or can assess my method ?

--

Cordialement,

Ruud Baart