* Hieke van Hoogdalem <hieke.vanhoogda...@gmail.com> [01-16-23 15:13]:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Thanks again. I'm not sure what you mean by 'you do know how to list dotted
> files, ls -la ???'. Can you explain?
>
> Hartelijke groet,
> Hieke van Hoogdalem
>
> Op 16-01-2023 20:42 heeft Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org> geschreven:
>
>     * Hieke van Hoogdalem <hieke.vanhoogda...@gmail.com> [01-16-23 14:38]:
>     > Hi! There were no xmp files in the folder, strangely enough. But I
> moved the complete folder. So it those are hidden files, they were relocated
> too.
>     >
>     > Hartelijke groet,
>     > Hieke van Hoogdalem
>     >
>     > Op 16-01-2023 20:35 heeft Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org>
> geschreven:
>     >
>     >     * Hieke van Hoogdalem <hieke.vanhoogda...@gmail.com> [01-16-23
> 10:23]:
>     >     > When I rightclick, I see these options (see attachement) and when
> I click on 'search filmroll...' nothing happens. I tried several times.
>     >     >
>     >     > What can I do to make it work?
>     >     >
>     >     > I can also, like Marco suggested, remove the skulls and
> thumbnails from the library and add the folder from the new location. But
> what happens with the edits? I don't see a sidecar file in the folders on my
> harddisk and I don't want to loose all the work already done to those
> pictures.
>     >     >
>     >     > Kind regards,
>     >     > Hieke van Hoogdalem
>     >     >
>     >     > Op 15-01-2023 17:45 heeft Bernhard
> <darkta...@intervalsignals.org> geschreven:
>     >     >
>     >     >     Just do this
>     >     >
> https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/4.0/en/module-reference/utility-modules/shared/collections/#updating-the-folder-path-of-moved-images
>     >     >
>     >     >     Marco DE BOOIJ schrieb am 15.01.23 um 17:07:
>     >     >     > I suppose that you did not move them with darktable? You
> must remove those 'skulls' and thumbnails from the library and then add the
> folders that you moved from the new location. It is always better to use the
> move option from within darktable.
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     > Kind regards,
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     > Marco
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     > Op 15/01/2023 om 16:51 schreef Hieke van Hoogdalem:
>     >     >     >>
>     >     >     >> Hi all,
>     >     >     >>
>     >     >     >> I’m experiencing problems with the file path. I moved some
> folders of photos I’d already worked on. Some photos show the pixelated
> [...]

open a terminal window and issue:  ls -la /<file>/<location>/*
will show hidden files

but your xmp files should not be hidden by default.  they should match
your image filenames.

iianm, your exported jpg files should also contain the editing
information.

reimporting your missing images, dt should recognize that the images have
been moved and match the previous edits.

my personal opinion is that would should always retain the matching xmp
files with the original images.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                   paka @ IRCnet oftc