On 24/04/2023 14:57, Terry Pinfold wrote:
The beauty of dicuss pixels is it bottom posts. Therefore I cause no
offence there. My comments are not welcome here so I wish you all good
luck supporting DT through this forum. I just explained why I moved on.
Not sure why my age and wisdom had to be attacked here,but it was.

Hi Terry
I do not think it was "attacked". Age was mentioned since it seems you
do not know the history, and wisdom was challenged, since you seem to
assume that all you know (your way of quoting) is the "right" way,
ignoring the history, and assuming that Microsoft has any authority to
define this.

Having that said, I find it sad that such formal arguments are the
reason for posting to this list or not. With a little bit of extra
effort to accept both worlds, it should be possible to co-exist. The
contents should matter. And it cannot be denied that the "business
world" is adhering to their god (Microsoft). Bad, and we should try
better in a world which is not under their influnce, but we should know
that the other world exists, and tolerate.

Even Internet RFCs follow the robustness principle: "be conservative in
what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others".

(And, by the way, Patrick's excessive full quotes on top with one
sentence on the bottom are also not helpful, and not the idea of
"proper" quoting).

Regards,
        Michael

--