On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 12:14:06PM +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:

> Let me run it through the tests and apply it.

There is one problem with this and that is changing the exit
status in a trap:

        sh -c 'trap "exec nosuchfile" EXIT; exit 3'; echo $?

This makes dash exit with 127 instead of 3 as it does now.

AFAIK the wording of POSIX is such that we should return 3, however,
it does seem that every other shell exits with 127.

So unless anyone objects, I will apply your patch and adopt this
new behaviour.

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>