Recoll is good, but is different from Tracker and Beagle and it does't
fit with GNOME desktop very good.

On the other hand, tracker 0.8 and 0.9 are pretty usable. I use it on
a PC and works well, also if Beagle was far better.

It is very sad that mono folks are so committed with applications like
f-spot or banshee, that have many good alternatives, or on mono-mac,
mono-iOS, mono-android mono-whatyouwant, while Beagle died.

In the past I appreciate beaglefs that could be the first step of a
next generation database-based filesystem. Now I use mono to cut my
photos.