I'm playing around with PostGIS and DM at the moment and having some
success with custom operators. So, for example, to do a ST_DWithin
query, I can do:
    Shop.all( :location.distance=>[route.location, 0.1] )

The one thing I can't seem to achieve, though, is a custom ORDER BY.
There's one query where I need to do
    ORDER BY ST_Line_Locate_Point(routes.linestring,
listings.location)

The DM internals seem fairly hard-wired to just do simple :asc
and :desc ordering on existing fields. I've played around with
patching stuff but can't find any way through this.

Any suggestions or should I just give up and stick to SQL for this
one?

cheers
Richard