Hi,

we're using the oracle adapter in production with JRuby on Windows without any
bigger problems. We're using the TNSNAMES.ora to configure an Oracle RAC with
two nodes. This has been tricky but it works:
https://github.com/datamapper/dm-oracle-adapter/issues/

The configuration must look like this:

    production:
      adapter: oracle
      database: user/password@databasename

There had been some problems with dm-constraints and some other details we
fixed and merged back intro the current release (thanks again @solnic).

Problems still open:

In development the MRI version (with ruby_oci) had some problems in some
situations. But I didn't try to fix them yet (our focus is on JRuby and ojdbc).

There are still some problems efficiently preventing the usage of
dm-xxx-adapters together with JNDI connection pooling:
https://github.com/datamapper/dm-oracle-adapter/issues/13
https://github.com/datamapper/dm-core/pull/186
https://github.com/datamapper/do/pull/25
I don't think that is an oracle specific problem. But AFAICS there is currently
nobody (me neither) really interested in fixing this.

We're using JNDI's [Environment
entries](http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/globalresources.html#Environment_Entries)
 instead for configuring the connection settings (as strings). This works fine
for us until now. Drop me a line if you're interested in this (it has nothing
to do with Oracle too).

Regards,
Till

Am 11.02.2013 um 20:55 schrieb