On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Dominic Sisneros <dsisn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in looking at the code for windows,
>
> rescue LoadError
>   if RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /mingw|mswin/ then
>     RUBY_VERSION =~ /(\d+.\d+)/
>     require "do_oracle/#{$1}/do_oracle"
>   else
>
> it is requiring the code based on RUBY_VERSION so the gems need to be
> updated to require a 2.0 directory for ruby2

Hello,

The gem authors of do_* adapters rely on rake-compiler and OSX/Linux
setups to be able to produce these binaries.

There are several details for Ruby 2.0.0 and cross-compilation,
specially it is recommended GCC 4.7.2 as compiler since that is the
one used in Windows.

Until today, the recommended compiler for rake-compiler (and ruby
1.8.7 - 1.9.3) is GCC 4.5.2.

Differences in GCC can affect C and C++ extensions, which is why is
recommended use the same compiler for both.

As you can see, this poses several complex details that not everybody
has explored.

Thus, why I mentioned in RubyInstaller notes "is brand new"

You can still force compilation of the gem natively until this is
sorted out, again mentioned in the RubyInstaller announcement.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17