I'm having a bit of difficulty "getting" how to model a model's
relationships to more of its own kind. So :

   1. Person (child) has 1 , father
   2. A Father who is a Person has many children
   3. A person has many siblings
   4. A person has one Godfather , and a Godfather only has one god child

So if I were NOT to think ORM/ DataMapper , I would assume the following:

*1:n , n:1*

   1. a person would have a father reference i.e. father id , so to
   determine one's father one would query Person table where id =  my father id
   2. To know one's children one would query person table where father_id =
   my id
   3. So for father/child , child/father, I see no need to create a
   secondary table i.e. should be able to rely just on Person table with the
   inclusion of the father_id column
   4. No idea how to represent that in DM

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*n:n*

   1. A person has 1 or  more siblings
   2. I would need A Siblings table where my id would be associated to
   another id i.e. my sibling, if I had 4 siblings there would be 4 records etc
   3. This looks like the Friendship example on the DM doc page

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*1:1 *

   1. A person only has one Godfather , and a person only has one god child
   2. Here I could keep in the Person table reference to my godfather and
   reference to my godchild by maintaining a god_father_id, and god_child_id
   3. So like the above case i.e. *1:n , n:1, *no need for an additional
   table, querying would be as straightforward
   4. No idea how to represent this in DM

So I believe I have some basic misunderstanding of how this is meant to
work with DM so kindly help me clear my confusion.

Much appreciated,

-Charles