On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Sajjad Anwar <m...@sajjad.in> wrote:

> The data is mostly georeferenced and verified against several sources. We
> used the PC list published by ECI to make sure we have managed to include
> all the constituencies.
>
> If you are looking to replicate it, I'd start with georeferencing the PDF
> maps published by ECI, and  vectorise it. This involves a mix of manual and
> automated methods.

Oh, you should have started with the map boundaries provided for last
general elections. Yes, ECI published shape files last time. I've grabbed a
copy from a friend.

http://anandology.com/tmp/GIS_PC_Data.zip.zip
http://anandology.com/tmp/GIS_AC_Data.zip.zip

I've tried to load both of these into a postgis database, the PC data seems
to have mapped well, but there seems to be an issue with AC data. If
someone can look at it, it would be awesome.

Anand

--
For more details about this list
http://datameet.org/discussions/