hello,
I am finding conflicting information when it comes to administrative
divisions within India.  It seems different parts of the nation have
different boundaries. I have found this wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_India That lists
them as:
1)zone (**Not sure if people refer to these)
2)states and union territories
3)regions (**Not sure if people refer to these)
4)divisions
5)districts
6)subdistricts
7)blocks, hobils, villages, etc
8)potentially neighborhoods

So my question is this, if you are from India, how do you refer to
location? Do you say "I am from this village, this sub-district,this
district,and this state/ union territories"?

or is it more common for people to refer to sub-district, district, and
state?

I would think people would say they are from a specific village, then build
up the name with sub-district, district, and state.

But I am not sure.

Could anyone help?

Thanks!