The people to contact are

Dr. Sharma
Dr. Bera

They are on the Bhuvan and WRIS teams.  They are really very nice, but
between ISRO and Survey of India's map policies there isn't much they can
do regarding making more shapefiles available.  From my previous
conversations with WRIS they have said they could make non sensitive ISRO
data available, lat/long village points could be one of those datasets, but
we'll have to ask.  It might be worth reengaging them and making a few
requests.

They have an office in Jodhpur, Hyderabad, and New Delhi, might be worth a
meeting between them and some people on the group.

They attended an open data camp a few years ago.  I have their contact if
anyone is interested in getting a few people together and having a meeting.

Nisha

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Thejesh GN <i...@thejeshgn.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Justin Meyers <
> justinelliotmey...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just found state, district, and taluk shapefiles yesterday from the
>> Indian Government if anyone is interested.
>

> Please do share. We can upload it to github for future reference.
>
> Thej
>
> --
> Thejesh GN *⏚* ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
> http://thejeshgn.com