Hi Jasvinder,

I had posted earlier on exploring some technologies that could help towards
such a platform.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/datameet/Xs8lYweKXeQ/2io96LKLBQAJ

I've been learning those technologies, and hope to get a pilot project
rolling in the coming months. (if you want it too then connect!)

In my analysis, there are two seemingly contradictory truths which are
equally true:
1. Plenty of good platforms already there.
2. Lots of data that should get out there.

Between those two I think there is room for a "data sandbox" kind of space.
A nursery maybe. Where data that is still raw, "not quite ready" etc can
come in and take time to mature, get time to work things out and prove its
worth instead of being demanded that first. One site that's doing a lot in
this regard is opencity.in started by some DM members and Oorvani
Foundation. On my end, I'm fascinated by OpenStreetMap's variable-schema
metadata model, the community curating it on OSM Wiki and the ease with
which the Overpass Turbo portal facilitates mixing and extracting the data.
So I want to extend that to non-cartographic data.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ