Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your feedback on the content aspects. The core members are on
this group so they'll get it.

I think you misunderstood the subject of my email. I was reaching out
regarding the *technical* potentials of what can be done with a DKAN
portal. It could be any dkan portal anywhere. In fact the aim is to have
something that is independent of source. The Telangana Open Data portal
folks have encouraged me in this, they want people to mash up and play
around with what they're bringing together, so that was my starting point.

Example: Open Budgets data site: even there we can pass queries via URL and
get filtered results: See example
<https://openbudgetsindia.org/dataset/assam-revenue-receipts-2018-19/resource/fc25fd21-14d7-4d07-8e56-0ed6ef85368f>.

(click the API button)

Addendum: I just read through this documentation page
<https://dkan.readthedocs.io/en/latest/introduction/dkan-ckan.html>
explaining about CKAN and DKAN. I was not aware earlier :P So from an
outside querying perspective, I understand all these portals will be giving
same functionality : they can provide data via an API and it is
query-friendly.

So what I'm talking about building, could pull in multiple data from any
data portal, from any dataset on the portals, and show them on the same
page / visualization. Whether the content itself will be useful or not or
useful to some and not to others, is none of my business. I just want to
work on bringing the tool into existence. So my email was an invitation to
programmers for a coding project. The user interface in particular will
need a whole lot of work because there'll be so many parameters to manage.

-Nikhil VJ, Pune