Hello Datameet,

I just downloaded the whole repository
from http://projects.datameet.org/maps/. In the maps-master file, off the
many folder, I see a folder named "Districts" and another folder named
"Survey-of-India-Index-Maps". On opening the 'Districts' folder, I see two
sub-folders i.e. one for Census 2001 and the other for Census 2011. In the
Census 2011 folder, I see the "2011_Dist.shp" file. Similarly, within the
"Survey-of-India-Index-Maps" folder, I opened the "Boundaries" sub-folder,
and in that I see "India-Districts-2011Census.shp" file.

I need the 2011 district-level shapefile of India for a project that I am
working on. The respective file in the "Districts" was uploaded/modified 7
years ago and the respective file in the ""Survey-of-India-Index-Maps"
folder was uploaded/modified 5 years ago. I opened both these 2011
district-level shapefiles in ArcGIS to see if there is any difference
between the two. Visually, I see no difference. I wanted to understand why
there are two different district-level shapefiles of India for 2011 and if
there is any difference between the two of them.

Please let me know regarding this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Karan Talathi