Thanks Sayeed.

But somehow i cannot find the linkage between the district and village
codes given in the shape files at
https://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/data/set/india-india-village-level-geospatial-socio-econ-1991-2001/
and the census data from
https://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011census/Listofvillagesandtowns.aspx

The district code and village codes dont match. In the spatial data all
district and village codes for states restart from 0 while in the census
data they have code which is unique across the country.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Thanks & Regards
Shivangi