On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, srl wrote:

> Rich Bowen emailed them at one point and got an agreement from them
> that he could implement the algorithms and release the code freely,
> as long as he let them publish the code in the next version of the
> book. Last I heard, he was confirming that understanding with
> them.

Oh yeah, he did say that, didn't he?  If that could be extended from Rich
to "anyone working on the Perl DateTime" project, then we'd be all set.
Though I still think that either their license should be reworded (cause
it doesn't reflect their intent) or their intent is _evil_ (if the license
really means what I think it means).

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com