At 4:36 PM -0500 11/6/03, Dave Rolsky wrote:
No, if anything, we'll can the fractional_second constructor parameter.
Nanoseconds are here to stay, because I don't want to add "bigfloat" to
the mix, and I want us to be accurate.

Dave, can you explain to me again why we need nanosecond (an arbitraty fraction) rather than just using fractional seconds? (not floating, fractional) What we're talking about *is* fractional seconds, why not just call it that? There's no imprecision that doesn't already exist in your computer. If your computer can only handle floats down to 6 decimal places, then you're screwed with any other math anyway! Even if it handles it way down to 100 places, as soon as you ask for 'half the googliseconds' you loose precision.

Cheers!
Rick

            There are 10 kinds of people:
  those that understand binary, and those that don't.
  The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck
    is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners
"Write a wise proverb and your name will live forever."
   -- Anonymous