> Dave Rolsky schreef:
> > DateTime, it will tell you that you need these
prereqs anyway.

Eugene van der Pijll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The first few versions of Bundle::DateTime left out
those prereqs.
> As a result, the bundle was difficult to install for the
first time:

A good point Dave, so there's really no need for
Bundle::DateTime::Minimal, as you get the same thing
by just installing DateTime with CPAN.

So then we're left with the other bundle, which Eugene
has suggested calling Bundle::DateTime, and moving
the existing bundle to Bundle::DateTime::Complete.

That sounds like a good idea, however I'm not sure
about including DT::F::Mail and DT::F::HTTP. They
seem to be fairly specific-task oriented modules.

I admit that they're probably common tasks, but if I
wanted a quick way to get up and going with
DateTime, but it was for DBI, I'd be annoyed that I
was getting net-related modules.

I'm open to including them, just a little disinclined.

Cheers!
Rick

P.S. Eugene: as you point out, you need to include all
prerequisites in the bundle. It also seems that the
order is of the utmost importance. I had to install the
current bundle at least four times before it got
everything installed. I wondered if that could be
because it installs the modules in the order in the file
rather than downloading them all and checking
prereq's first. On the other hand I seem to recall
CPAN.pm didn't fully install before it went on to the
next one.. maybe I have an old CPAN.

Cheers more!
Rick